Adult Day Health Care and Social Day Care Services
Benefits of Adult Day Care
Adult Day Care benefits everyone in the family and provides a much-needed respite from the physical demands and stress of providing around-the-clock care.
For the participant, Adult Day Care’s benefits can be significant:
- A safe, secure environment in which to spend the day
- Enriching activities and socialization
- Improvement in mental and physical health
- Enhanced or maintained level of independence
- Referral services to community-based health and social agencies
- Prevention or delay in nursing home placement
Adult Day Programs
Providing care for an aging parent, spouse, or loved one can be an overwhelming responsibility for family members and friends. Adult Day Care at St. Johnland Nursing Center offers a wide range of services for adults who need a protective environment but choose to remain in the community and continue to be a vital part of family life.
Our Medical Model Adult Day Health Service is designed to provide for the needs of those who have physical, cognitive or psychological conditions requiring supervision and monitoring.
Social Model Adult Day Care offers seniors supervised socialization and stimulating activities along with a nutritious lunch in a caring and creative environment.
MEDICAL MODEL – ADULT DAY HEALTH CARE
The Adult Day Health Care program provides many benefits of a skilled nursing facility, while allowing participants to live at home. We offer medical supervision, nursing and rehabilitative services, social work, therapeutic activities and wellness programs. Participants can receive assistance with all activities of daily living, including eating, bathing, grooming, toileting and ambulation. A continental breakfast, hot lunch and nutritious snacks are also provided.
The program, certified by the NYS Department of Health and Medicaid approved, is open Monday-Saturday from 9 am – 3 pm.
Program services include:
- On-site podiatry, dentistry, vision care, audiology, x-ray, laboratory and mental health
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Health assessment and on-going nursing care including medication management
- Nutrition assessment and counseling
- Social Work counseling, case management and support groups
- Therapeutic Recreation including: art, music, cognitive stimulation, exercise and religious services
SOCIAL MODEL – ADULT DAY CARE
Social Model Adult Day Care is available to seniors living in the community who are experiencing decreased levels of physical and mental functioning.
This program enables the participants to receive the socialization and stimulation needed in order to maintain a better quality of life. Participants can attend as often as they choose during the week, receive a nutritious lunch and take part in a full range of enriching activities to promote the maximum level of cognitive and emotional ability including exercise, arts and crafts, gardening, cooking, pet therapy, games and entertainment. Families are invited to the many birthday and holiday celebrations.
Social Adult Day Care can be combined with long-term home health care in certain cases.